6.11.2009

A Work Of My Mother

LAST NIGHT I DREAMED ABOUT YOU

Last night I dreamed about you;
Why, I do not know.

I know neither your name,
Nor where you came from.

A place from the darkest regions
Of my mind?

A part of a fantasy,
High upon the misty mountains?

Within the shadows,
I hear the faint and distant
Cries of a banshee.


I can never see you,
Nor can I see your eyes.


You ask me, How then, Do I
Dream if I cannot see who I dream about.

I feel you. I feel the sting
f your fiery stare, The icy fingers that reach for my hand.

I can hear your blood-curdling screams
For the fear that rises somewhere within your soul.

Come out of hiding, Take my hand.
Learn to love, and live.

Last night I dreamed about you.

Written by: Donna Mosher
January 9th, 1985






No comments:

Post a Comment